Thursday, August 16, 2007

Morning Reflections: "Sweet Peace"


This morning I felt compelled to search the scriptures for "peace". The Lord is so gracious to give us a solution to our troubles, no matter the area and no matter how big or small. How amazing is that!


Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. - Philippians 4:4-9


" O Lord, You hold the sands of time in Your hands, as well as my life. Thank you for not letting me go. Thank you for Your faithfulness even when I am unfaithful. Thank you for Your steadfast love when I stumble. Give me the strength to fight against the pull of this world. Let my prayer be that of David, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." May my life be eternity driven and all my ways glorifying to You. Amen"

1 comment:

David G said...

Hey...great posts! It's cool to see what God's doing in your life and how He's drawing you to himself.

Take care,
Davidg