Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Morning Reflections: "The Lord Is My Strength"



As I have been tempted to feel burdened and overwhelmed this week, God has been kind and merciful to remind me not to try to bare my burdens alone. I love how the Lord is gracious to use specific scriptures and devotionals that I am going through to speak to me on the exact topic I am needing most to be instructed on! This morning I was encouraged by Daniel's story in chapter 9. In his desperate need for help, Daniel poured out his heart to the only one he knew could help him. He also prayed that his prayers be answered for their good, but ultimately for God's glory. "O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because your city and your people are called by your name." God then sent Gabriel to Daniel to help him understand all that was going on. He also told Daniel that he was "greatly loved." How those small words must have encouraged Daniel in his distress! As I finished up with Daniel I was once again encouraged when I read today's entry from Morning & Evening. "A reed, helpless, insignificant, and weak, a bruised reed, out of which no music can come; weaker than weakness itself; a reed, and that reed bruised, yet, he will not break thee; but on the contrary, will restore and strengthen thee." Even in my moments of weakness and discouragement, God is there to be my strength!


"The LORD is my strength and my song,and he has become my salvation;this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him." - Exodus 15:2


~Thank you Lord for Your everlasting promises. For Your specific promise to be our strength. Thank you for teaching me to find my joy in You, no matter the circumstance. When I am wounded by trials and hardships, may I bleed Your sovereignty O Lord! Amen~



No comments: