Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Morning Reflections: "Take Strength"


Yesterday was an eventful day with first having my car backed into at work and then finding out my sister had been taken to Urgent Care. By God's grace He granted me peace throughout each circumstance and I can honestly say I was not anxious. I know that it is only the Lord's strength that sustains me and I am thankful for all the teaching I have received recently on finding my joy in God and not my circumstances. Thankfully, my car situation is in the process of being resolved and my sister is doing well at the moment. How kind of God to offer us His strength, freely. All we have to do is take it!

*"TAKE STRENGTH" These strong, simple words can be spiritual adrenaline for us when we need them. They were written by a man who knew what he was talking about, as he himself was in prison. He was writing to a young minister who was also suffering and evidently tempted by doubt, fear, even uncertainty of his call. The older man admonishes him very lovingly to take his share of suffering, take his share of hardship like a good soldier, and to take strength from the grace of God (2 Tm 2:1). Where shall I ever find the strength I need to get through this experience, this ordeal, this day, this week? The answer is Take it! Take it from the grace which is ours already, in Christ Jesus. "Here it is," He is saying, "Will you have some?" "Yes, thank You, Lord. I'll take it."* - Elisabeth Elliot


"The LORD is my strength and my shield;in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;my heart exults,and with my song I give thanks to him." - Psalm 28:7

No comments: