Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LOOK UP!

by Octavius Winslow
"My voice shall You hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto You, and will look up." Psalm 5:3

"The first thing I do when I awake in the morning," remarks an aged saint of God, "is to ask the Holy Spirit to take possession of my mind, my imagination, my heart, directing, sanctifying, and controlling my every thought, feeling, and word."

What profound spiritual wisdom is there in this
conception! "In the morning will I direct my prayer
unto You, and will look up."

Look up!

Ah! here is the true and befitting attitude of
the spiritual soul.

Looking up for the day's supply....
of grace to restrain,
of power to keep,
of wisdom to guide,
of patience to suffer,
of meekness to endure,
of strength to bear,
of faith to overcome,
of love to obey,
and of hope to cheer.

Jesus stands at the Treasury of Infinite grace, ready
to meet every application, and to supply every need.

His fullness is for a poor, needy, asking people.

He loves for us to bring the empty vessel.

Dear reader, let your first thought be of God, and your
first incense be to Jesus, and your first prayer be to the
Holy Spirit, and thus anointed with fresh oil, you will
glide serenely and safely through the day, beginning,
continuing, and ending it with God!

No comments: