Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Look Through The Window Of Desultory Exploits and Happenings


So, I have some random updates and thought I would share. Randomness is fun sometimes!

* I made my very first rubber band ball the other day. We were having a new server installed at work and were not able to use our computers all day. When I ran out of highly productive things to do, I turned to the mildly productive. Tons of rubber bands just laying there in the bottom of my drawer waiting to be made into a perfect sphere. I was quite proud of myself! It's a lot nicer to look at then a mound of messy bands, keeps things organized and well it's just plain terrifically diverting. So, anyway, enough about that.

* I went to my women's accountability last night. It seemed like it had been forever since we had met. What a refreshing and wonderful time! I love the ladies in my group and so appreciate their humility, wisdom and desire to grow in holiness and love for the Savior. We are currently going through a book called Face to Face that speaks about friendship and hospitality. We always joke about how we go off on "rabbit trails" in our discussions, but it ends up being such wonderful conversations and biblical fellowship. It's also a fun time due to the yummy food we always have and the babies we are able to hold, cuddle and play with. Four out of our eight ladies have recently had babies! God is so kind to bless us with women in our lives to encourage us and be a means of grace in spurring us on in our walk with God.

* Our women's blog for Grace Covenant Church, A Cup of Grace, has a new website! It's a .com address now and will be a little easier to access and work with. The new site is www.acupofgrace.com

* Also, going in tomorrow to have an mri done on my shoulder to try and determine what is going on. I would so appreciate your prayers for wisdom for the doctor's and for clear understanding concerning what is wrong and what needs to be done. And that I won't be a baby when they inject the dye! I've never even had blood drawn before, so I don't really know what to expect. =)

Well, that is the best I can do for now. I'm just trying to live one day at a time. Like a quote says...live for two days. Today and "that" day. "That" day when we shall see Him face to face! Let me leave you with a expert by Elisabeth Elliot. It was very encouraging...as always.

A Fine Thing
There is nothing fine in brooding on the pain itself and how sorely we have been put upon. The fine thing is for God so to occupy our thoughts that it is really nothing to us whether others treat us well or ill. Think on Christ: how was He treated? How do your sufferings compare with his? that will give a different perspective, I think. Let's not be surprised at our difficulties, even if--no, especially if--we encounter them when we are truly seeking to obey the Lord. There are two kingdoms in deadly opposition to each other. If we do anything to further the kingdom of God, we may expect to find what Christ found on that road--abuse, indifference, injustice, misunderstanding, trouble of some kind. Take it. Why not? To that you were called. In Latin America someone who feels sorry for himself is said to look like a donkey in a downpour. If we think of the glorious fact that we are on the same path with Jesus, we might see a rainbow.

No comments: