Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sweet Will Be The Flower


I was reading about someone who was struggling with fear for the future and she said this was very helpful for her…I can see why.

“This is how to deal with God. Praise Him before you are delivered. Praise Him for what is coming. Adore Him for what He is going to do. I do not think there is a sweeter song in God’s ear than the song of one who blesses Him for grace that has not yet been tasted, who blesses Him for answers that have not been received. The praise for past gratitude is sweet, but even sweeter is the praise of full confidence that all will be well.

‘Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive fail, and the fields yield no food…yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the god of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet and He will make me walk on my high hills.’ Hab. 3:17-19.

His mighty providence cannot fail so long as one of his children needs to be provided for. Your song, while you are in distress, will be sweet music to God’s ear. Go in the name of God… just commit your self to God. If you can only trust and praise God, you will see marvelous things that will utterly astonish you.”- charles haddon spurgeon

So, today my goal is to trust and praise God for all that He will do. God doesn’t need me to interpret His works, but simply to trust and walk in the good of them. It’s funny that my friend Candace put a few lines from the following song on her post today and I had the same song on my heart this morning. God is kind to reiterate things to us. Present circumstances may have a bitter taste to us, but as the following song says, sweet will be the flower. We can trust God's heart.

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm
Deep in His dark and hidden mines
With never-failing skill
He fashions all His bright designs
And works His sovereign will

So God we trust in You
O God we trust in You

O fearful saints new courage take
The clouds that you now dread
Are big with mercy and will break
In blessings on your head
Judge not the Lord by feeble sense
But trust Him for His grace
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face

So God we trust in You
O God we trust in You
When tears are great
And comforts few
We hope in mercies ever new
We trust in You

God’s purposes will ripen fast
Unfolding every hour
The bud may have a bitter taste
But sweet will be the flower
Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain
God is His own interpreter
And He will make it plain

3 comments:

amazed said...

That was encouraging to me, and I'll probably send it to a friend as well.

Btw, I hope you're doing well, my friend. We miss you down here.

Lana said...

Thank you! I am doing better than I deserve and I hope you are doing well too. Miss you guys too =)

Oshea Davis said...

Trusting in Jesus Christ our Lord, is the most basic principle and act of the Christian, and yet it is the hardest to master. But thanks to our gracious God, He pours His Spirit liberally to all who only ask for Christ to be there strength, even giving the strength to trust.