Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Trusting A Worthy God

“By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast. He loads the thick cloud with moisture; the clouds scatter his lightning. They turn around and around by his guidance, to accomplish all that he commands them on the face of the habitable world. Whether for correction or for his land or for love, he causes it to happen.” – Job 37:10-13
“Once we give ourselves up to God, shall we attempt to get hold of what can never belong to us--tomorrow? Our lives are His, our times in His hand, He is Lord over what will happen, never mind what may happen. When we prayed "Thy will be done," did we suppose He did not hear us? He heard indeed, and daily makes our business His and partakes of our lives. If my life is once surrendered, all is well. Let me not grab it back, as though it were in peril in His hand but would be safer in mine! Today is mine. Tomorrow is none of my business. If I peer anxiously into the fog of the future, I will strain my spiritual eyes so that I will not see clearly what is required of me now.” - Elisabeth Elliot
O Lord, let my trust forever be in You. May I not try to foolishly grab the cares of my life back once they have been surrendered to You. When I read Job 37 I am once again amazed at how mighty and majestic You are for You “thunder wondrously with Your voice, and do great things that we cannot comprehend” and “by Your breath ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast.” Yet in spite of being Creator of the universe and controlling the waters with Your breath, which shows Your power, You are still concerned with the details of Your children’s lives. You sent Your Son to save me and loved me first, so I will trust in You. Thank You for the truth that no matter what else happens in life, my greatest need has already been met…the need for a savior. Accomplish Your will in my life. Amen

“And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord,
have not forsaken those who seek you.” – Psalm 9:10

No comments: