Friday, July 20, 2007

Much Ado About Nothing

Nothing much to report today. That is perfectly fine with me! Even though I do like being busy and on the go, as well as socializing, I love slow, quiet days. It gives me opportunities to think. Time to search my heart. Time to read! Time to pray. The following quote from The Deerslayer by J.F. Cooper describes my feelings on this matter very well.


"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore. There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but nature more, From these our interviews, in which I steal From all I may be, or have been before, To mingle with the universe, and feel What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal"
I think it is good to have a balance of time with people and time alone. I am thankful for my parents guidance when I was younger in helping me balance social time, family time and alone time. Anyway, I'm sort of rambling on about nothing. Work is slow right now so I thought I'd take a moment to write a few thoughts down. - Oh, I just had a great idea! Well, it's probably not a "great" idea or even original, but I was thinking that it might be fun to post what I do in my devotions each day. Something like a daily devotional log. It will be a great way to be able to keep track of how consistent I am being. I'll either start this weekend or possibly Monday.
~Lana~
"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after:that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." - Psalm 27:4

No comments: