Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Glorious Shade


The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. - Psalm 121:5-8

Though I have not spent as much time with the Lord lately as I would have liked, I have been overwhelmed with the feeling that I cannot get enough of Him. When the heat of daily life or trials exhausts me, I have been longing for the refreshing shade that can only come from God. God's faithfulness has been bombarding my thoughts and I have often been moved to tears when I consider all He has done for me. I have been convicted that I am not going to God as I ought to be and accepting the provision He has provided. He has been showing me that He longs for His children to take refuge in His shadow. He promises to keep us and be our shade. When we allow Him to be our refuge, the sun will not strike us by day, nor the moon by night. I am hoping to be able to take more advantage of God's kind provision in the days to come. I'm thankful for days when I'd rather be in His presence then anywhere else. It is evidence that there is a God working in this wretched heart of mine! How kind of God!

No comments: