Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nevertheless, I am continually with you...

"But for me it is good to be near God..." - Psalm 73:28
I woke up late this morning. There was no time for devotions as I hurried out the door for work. I was so exhausted my eyes were almost swollen shut and the cold air was not as welcomed as usual. But in spite of how the morning started, I was unexplainably filled with joy, peace and an overwhelming desire to be near to God. The awareness that God was ministering to my tired soul made me feel so grateful and undeserving. In the world's eyes, nothing has happened today that would merit the feelings I am having, but to me, a lot has happened. I, who am the worst of sinners, have been redeemed. God, who is Holy and Righteous in all His ways, has cloaked my heart and mind in a peace that surpasses my understanding. Even though He is God, He still takes time to relate to His children. He is ready and willing to comfort us, convict, encourage, guide and provide. The least I can do in return, should be to offer Him my heart, mind, strength, time, praise...my life.

Also, if I woke up tomorrow and didn't feel any of these things, it doesn't mean God is any less active and near, but after having tasted of the sweet presence of God, it would make me want to seek Him all the more.

God, thank you for Your kindness to me this morning. I have been blessed by Your presence, with the joy of Your salvation, Your peace and with a greater hunger for You and Your word. Thank you for stirring all of these things up in my heart. May I never stop being thankful and aware of the work You are doing. Help me always strive to love You better. I have tasted and seen that You are good...in any and every circumstance. Amen

No comments: