Thursday, January 10, 2008

Longings


Keep me always longing
for a present salvation in Holy Spirit comforts and rejoicings,
for spiritual graces and blessings,
for help to value my duties as well as my privileges.
May I cherish simplicity and godly sincerity of character.
-Valley Of Vision-


Like King David, I am in a place where I want to "wait on the Lord". It has been a life long process of God teaching me to sit at His feet and wait. David also asked God to "make Him know His ways." He didn't ask for God to help him know His ways, but to make him. I know that I can often approach the Lord in a half-hearted and fearful way. I pray for sanctification, but I don't want too much at one time. I want to get to the place where I am thirsting for fellowship with God so much, that I am willing to wait for Him all day long.

Make me to know your ways, O LORD;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.-Psalm 25:4-5


The word "longing" in relation to longing for God has also been on mind as of late, so I looked up the definition and read that it means, "strong, persistent desire or craving". I want to get to the place where I "long" for the Lord and His presence. To be near Him; to know His ways. By God's grace He will continue to foster that desire in me.

In the quiet of my soul
In the stillness I hear Your voice call
And I am overwhelmed
And I am lost for words
To describe You

Jesus You're more than a friend
Jesus You're more than my heart
Could ever express
Your love and Your grace never fail me
Your merciful touch always heals me
You bring joy to my soul, joy to my soul

My heart longs to worship You my king
And I long to bring You a pleasing offering
And I am overwhelmed
And I am lost for words
To describe You-Jeremy Riddle

No comments: