Monday, September 17, 2007

Fun Times This Weekend

Friday: My dad got back into town on Friday, so we had a family night at home, which was great! Dinner together and fellowship followed by a movie. The Astronaut Farmer. Very quirky, but it was good. =) I'm so thankful for my family and the blessing they are in my life!

Saturday: Helping my mom at the house. Having lunch and shopping with my mom. (One of our O so fun traditions!) Hanging out with the family. And then Capture the Flag at the Watt's.
A few favorite moments from that night:
* Eleven people all dressed in black running around.
* Knowing I was going to end up in the river or in someone else's yard because of how dark it was. (Thankfully, neither accord.)
* Crawling on the ground in covert operation
* Hearing hurried footsteps right before someone would burst through the bushes. ( It was just a funny noise?)
* Justin and Kevin running into each other. (Sorry, I know that must have hurt!)
* Hearing about Landon biffing it...bad.
* Annsley running back to base when she wasn't suppose to...and hiding the flag when she wasn't suppose to =) (I think I started jogging back too before I remembered!)

Least favorite moments:
* Running around in the hot and sticky weather.
* Crawling through a bush right into a huge spider web. (I was quietly flailing around trying to make sure a large spider hadn't fallen on me. Gross!)
* Not being able to outrun any of the guys. So annoying! But I guess God had His reasons in making guys faster than girls.

Anyway, it was fun and I hadn't played Capture the Flag in years!

Sunday: A wonderful church service, complete with fellowship, being able to worship God and a great message about God working in the life of Abraham. Lunch with all the girls at Mimi's and then a game. Hanging out with friends and playing volleyball.

"The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance." - Psalm 16: 5-6

No comments: